Real Estate Law
Mick Ward, Chris King, and David Agnew have helped clients to achieve their goals involving complex real estate transactions in Indiana and Kentucky, including, among others:
- Providing legal counseling and representation to Floyd Memorial Hospital in its acquisition of properties, zoning and construction matters to accommodate its expansion.
- Representating clients in the acquisition, development and conveyance of land for area industrial parks.
- Assisting clients in the acquisition, financing, consolidation and development of numerous properties for a high-end regional retail center.
- Representating a charitable foundation in its efforts to protect and maintain thousands of acres of wildlife habitat.
- Representating a publicly-traded bank in several multi-million dollar commercial real estate transactions.
Often, these types of transactions require our attorneys to coordinate or work in concert with the efforts of multiple parties located both in and outside Southern Indiana and the Louisville, KY Metropolitan Service Area. Our attorneys have experience working with attorneys as far away as Washington D.C., Dallas, TX, Encino, CA, and Sinsheim, Germany to achieve client goals. The firm utilizes contemporary information technology when appropriate for the efficient communication, production and transmittal of information and documents needed to facilitate and expedite such transactions.
Land Use & Zoning Law
In today’s world, zoning and other land use regulations regularly impact landowners’ plans to divide, develop or change the use of their real estate. The attorneys of Ward King Agnew have represented clients before land use planning and zoning authorities in numerous jurisdictions in southern Indiana and central Kentucky, as well as judicial appeals of adverse zoning decisions when warranted. Depending on the client’s specific needs, WKA can assist in obtaining rezoning to accommodate planned development, variances from the terms of a zoning code, permitting for telecommunication towers and other tall structures, planned unit developments and subdivision approvals.
Along with its related practice areas of business services and real estate, land use and zoning allows the firm to work with clients throughout the entire process of planning, organization, acquisition, development and conveyance or utilization, providing continuity and efficiency.